The rapid expansion of electronic communication has revolutionized the way we work and provide services to you. At HBM+, information security is fundamental to the way we do business and is the responsibility of every employee. It is specified in our employment agreements and regularly confirmed in writing.
Whether you choose to access our services online, over the telephone, or in person, we follow rigorous security procedures and use state of the art technologies to protect your information and transactions against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and misuse.
We design Information Security at HBM+ to protect the information, the information systems and communications that deliver the information from harm resulting from failures of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. The following are key principles considered in our security processes:
- Accountability: Everyone who accesses HBM+ information systems is responsible for protecting them, and will be held accountable for the use of these systems
- Awareness: Everyone who accesses HBM+ information system must be aware of the risks and security initiatives
- Multidisciplinary: Security must be addressed taking into consideration both technological and non-technological issues
- Integration: Security must be co-ordinated and integrated
- Reassessment: Security must be reassessed periodically
- Timeliness: Security procedures must provide for monitoring and timely response
- Societal Factors: Ethics must be promoted by respecting the rights and interests of others
While we do our utmost to ensure security and confidentiality, there are steps you can take as well to enhance your security when using the Internet and when conducting business online.
Security in the HBM+ network
Many Internet sites are secured through encryption. Encryption encodes the information that flows between your computer and our computer systems protecting it from unauthorized interception, viewing and alteration.
The transmission of HBM+ web pages on our Internet site that maintain and display your personal information is secured through encryption. In addition, personal information forwarded to us through these web pages is also secure.
Our sites will only allow a minimum of 128-bit encryption. Sites have been fully tested and support the two most recent versions of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
We recommend that you use the most up-to-date browser version with all of the applicable security patches installed.
Log-on IDs and passwords
Log-on IDs and passwords are used by computer systems and websites to verify your identity. A log-on ID and password allow you to access services and information specific for your private use. Anyone who can access your log-on ID and password can also access your information.
Your log-on ID and password will not be saved and must be re-entered each time you log-on to a secured online service page.
Tips for creating unique passwords
- Do not share your passwords with others, including family members
- Use passwords that are difficult for others to guess. For example, don't use passwords like your name, the names of family members, your address, or any other information that might be found in your purse or wallet if lost or stolen.
- Use of short passwords as these are easier for others to guess. The longer the password, the more difficult you make it for others. Many providers of Internet based services establish standards that define and enforce a minimum length for passwords. HBM+ has standards for minimum length of passwords. Our ID and password standards are available through our online help functions on our website.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple applications or Internet services wherever possible. This is particularly important for any Internet application where access to your private or financial information is enabled.
- Change your passwords frequently
Cookies are used by HBM+ to maintain security during a session, ensuring that each session is unique and authorized between you and the HBM+ web-based systems.
- To follow the surfing behaviour of visitors once they leave HBM+ websites. Additionally, tracking information that may be gathered during a visit to a HBM+ website will not be used for promotional purposes
- For added security, cookies are not used to remember usernames and passwords. You will be required to provide this information each time you log-on to a secured online service page
- HBM+ does not associate any of the information collected via cookies with your personal or financial information
Email comments, questions or responses
When you send us an email or ask us to respond to you by email, we learn your exact email address and any information you have included in the email. We use your email address to acknowledge your comments and/or reply to your questions, and we will retain your communication and our reply as required under appropriate legal, regulatory and HBM+ business practices. We will never send you an email asking for passwords and we will not make your email address available to anyone else.
Email sent or received over the Internet may not be secure and we recommend that you use caution when forwarding email messages to us.
If you have any questions regarding the authenticity or security of email you have received from HBM+, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-844-422-4260.